Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Away towards Salisbury! while we reason here, A Joe Royle battle might be won and lost


It has been brought to my attention by a dear friend (a Mrs Trellis of South East London) that Richard III has been discovered playing left back for Everton.





Richard III





Leighton Baines

Interviewed by John Motson, Mr Baines, as he is known in his sporting role, discussing his most recent match, said “And thus I clothe my naked villainy with odd, old ends stol'n out of holy writ, and seem a saint, when most I play the devil. I just kicked it, and Fellaini nodded into the net, obviously. We’re up against the Tudors next – hopefully we will do good. They’ve got de Vere in midfield, who might be a bit of a handful, but we’ve got Tim Howard, Duke of  Norfolk, in goal, and he’s world class, innit?”



7 comments:

Richard said...

Talkers are no good doers: be assured
We come to use our hands and not our tongues. And I've got Phil Jagielka on my right who'll sort it.

Vicus Scurra said...

Ref! That were never hand-ball!

Teresa Evangeline said...

I wait six weeks for a post and this is all I get? I feel like i'm reading Robert Burns poetry. ;)

Vicus Scurra said...

And he should have burnt his poetry, in my view.
And, whaddya mean "all". That took me a good ten minutes

Indigo Roth said...

Vicus, you've nailed this one sir. I just wish it hadn't been to my wooden leg. The GOOD one, too. Roth

Vicus Scurra said...

Roth! Your doctor told you that you needed more iron - no need for the spinach anymore. You're welcome.

dinahmow said...

Bit ignominious, isn't it - poor bugger only called for a fresh horse and he ended up a parking attendant.